CPA is Hiring!
October 13, 2016
Job Posting October 2016
Full- Time Organizer
The Chinese Progressive Association (CPA) is a grassroots community organization which works for full equality and empowerment of the Chinese community in Greater Boston and beyond, to improve living and working standards, and to involve ordinary people in decision-making.
The Organizer will conduct community outreach; provide targeted services; develop new leadership; and help community members learn about collective action, strategy development, and policy. The Organizer will have particular responsibility for developing youth involvement and leadership as well as intergenerational connections, and will co-coordinate the Chinese Youth Initiative, CPA’s youth internship program.
- Help youth, residents, workers, and voters learn about and take action for their rights
- Conduct outreach and develop grassroots involvement in collective campaigns
- Build the skills, critical thinking, and sense of justice of our members
- Educate community members about policy-making systems and strategy development
- Provide targeted services
- Organize educational workshops, discussions, and activities
- Help coordinate the youth summer internship program and supervise youth staff
- Facilitate the connection and learning between different generations of members
- Support other organizational work/activities and connect community members to these other areas
- Committed to grassroots empowerment and social change
- Strong communication, listening, and facilitation skills, writing or media skills a plus
- Self-starting and a team player
- Bilingual Chinese/English, additional languages and dialects a plus
- Preferred youth, community, and/or labor organizing experience
- Preferred experience leading grassroots campaigns and working in coalitions
- Familiarity with Boston politics a plus
$34,000-$40,000 depending on experience; generous holidays plus health and dental benefits.
Resume and cover letter to
Chinese Progressive Association, 28 Ash Street , Boston MA 02111
Open until filled